1. Kleshas ( conflicting emotions) will follow you everywhere.
2. It is difficult to meditate outside when you are worried that a bear might eat you.
3. Animals are attracted to peaceful people. We found that dogs, birds and deer approach us during and after meditation.
4. Good practice requires a mixture of solitude and community.
5. Retreat from the ones you love will either strengthen or harm those bonds. But the test is worth it.
6. Bring hiking boots.
7. Do a vow of silence for at least one day.
8. Real practice gets harder not easier.
9. Practice, Practice and then go explore.
10. Returning home will either be traumatic or you will be really really hyper.