As usual, I prefer to not do an elaborate or prewritten rituals. Instead we ( partner and I ) wrote a simple outline before and memorize a few short lines. For this ritual we did not do a traditional circle casting but we included cleansing, charging and grounding. We invoked and honored Spirit/Goddess and all the Elements in subtle ways.
Altar: Candles, White fabric rose petals, chamomile flowers, rosemary oil (for anointing candles) and holy water.
- Sparkled areas and selves with holy water.
- We lit all altar candles and then took two candles to every room, then said, ” We enter this space with the light of fresh beginning”
- Partner played violin as I visualized our space, minds and hearts being blessed and charged.
- We built a fire, then as we threw sage on it we stated our intentions of cleansing, purification and celebration of Imbolc.
- We read poems , wrote a haiku and then put haiku to music (ukulele). We used the poems, haiku and music as our offering to Spirit especially virgin/maiden Goddess aspect and the young Sun King.
- As a grounding period we ate quiche and drank chamomile tea
- Closed ritual.